Erik
Boogaard. He was my first 'love'. I was in 9
th grade, and he was in my English class. Man, was he a cute kid. He was also a jock and played on the Basketball team. Of course, he was in like with my close friend Tiffany and so I was the middle man in that relationship. I would help him to understand how she was feeling, and would have to sympathize with his feelings toward her. Yuck. This was tough on my heart, but by the middle of 9
th, he came to his senses and realized that he actually liked me not
Tiffany, and broke off his 'relationship' with her (he definitely asked her out... such a big deal in middle school.) So we started hanging out a lot more and because my best friend and his best friend were dating, it would just so happen that we'd pretty much be
singly being with each other. So, 9
th grade lagoon day, we're riding on the bus and he's like...
"I love Coldplay... Do you know them?"
"yes. Of course"
"you know their new CD"
"nope!"
"You want to listen to some?"
"Sure"
"Well this one's my favorite"
"Why is it your favorite?"
"Because it reminds me of you"...
I was shocked... a song reminded a boy of me? And not only that but THIS boy who I was so in like with...
So every time i hear Fix You by Coldplay... I think about Eric Boogaard and our awesome and naive relationship... We hugged once... it was intense. But I legit think we thought we were in a relationship. He made me feel beautiful... Good kid. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment