Sunday, September 19, 2010
Day 4: A Song That Makes You Sad...
This may seem an odd song to make me sad, but this song makes me think of high school, and I get very nastalgic when I hear it. This was the 'it' song for me in high school. I sang a solo for it when i was in 9th grade, and in high school with Carly Smart (now Muller) both for our Encore performance our senior year, and for Sr. dinner dance. It also reminds me of the broadway play that it comes from, Wicked. I went to wicked as a Junior in high school, just starting my relationship with Mr. Handy and absolutely enraptured with the music of the play, and the talent of the cast. Going with your high school choir is definitely something that I'd suggest for young people to do. It was magical. Then I went the summer after my freshman year of college with my family and man was that fun too. This song, For Good, just takes me to a different place. And I absolutely love it, but hate it at the same time. I had such a good experience with this song, and what memories it brings back. (also, countless times of singing it with Katie in the kitchen or wherever, and that makes me miss her...)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment