Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Some Comforting words

In comforting the Prophet in Liberty Jail, our Lord reminded Joseph Smith that “the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee. . . .
“[But] The Son of Man hath descended below them all. Art thou greater than he?” ( D&C 122:7, 8 .)
As you ponder what you have had to endure, and contemplate the times when “in the least degree” you suffered the pangs of spiritual loss, remember and reverence Him whom you have covenanted to remember always.

As I was reading my student manual today, I came across this passage, and just was very touched by the words. The last month I have grown close to my Savior, closer maybe than ever before. When i pray i feel of the peace that the atonement can bring. I know that no matter what, I am never alone. I feel instantly better when i think of the Savior and pray to my father in heaven for comfort. I am so grateful for the Atonement. 

No comments: