Well. I finally did it. I finally decided not to play lacrosse. After three years of many downs and a few ups, I decided that this my senior year, I would just be a faithful fan. I am so busy working 25 or so hours a week, 16 credit hours, and having hopes of a social life. ;) This decision wasn't easy for me to make, but I know that it was right.
Hard stuff:
Leaving the team that I have grown to love.
Knowing that I won't be a member of a college team anymore... Just a normal student ;)
Disappointing people... possibly.
Not traveling to go and play a sport that I love.
Just knowing that I am done... It is surreal. But nice?
Good stuff:
I have time to do well in school, stay ahead of my assignments, and keep up a normal stress level...
I have time to have a social life, something that many (even past boyfriends) can tell you I never had time for before.
I can coach full time with no interruptions.
I don't have to worry about whether or not I will play in a game, or start in a game.
No more fundraising!!!!!
The opportunity to really train for a race (like a marathon) and attend the gym classes that I want to like Yoga, Cycling, and Body Pump.
Having my weekends free to go and see mom and dad in San Diego.
Yes, for me, this is the end of playing... But it is not at all the end of Lacrosse. This sport runs in my blood now, and I hope it will be a part of me always. I will coach each year, and try and throw around with friends as much as I can. I will be a fan of Lacrosse and sports forever. So it is the end of my personal era, but in so many ways, I know that it is the beginning of so much more.

I am sad. But relieved.
No comments:
Post a Comment