but... it's also really nice so you know... we will see?
(this is part of Jeff's letter that I wrote him... but it's also what's going on in my life so here you go.) I love having experiences and feelings of peace that are associated with the spirit. There is no better time then when I just feel that peace that everything will be okay and that the lord and heavenly father love me. I have some amazing classes this semester. Yeah school started Monday and It's been so great. I am in some really fantastic classes that I'm excited about like... Asian humanities (which is going to kick my bootaay...), Chronic disease prevention (which is all about how to avoid obesity and diabetes and heart attacks etc... PLUS... i have an assignment to go on an all veggie/fruit diet with chicken/fish sparingly... what could be better!) Then I'm in this class called Home and Family life which will pretty much just teach me how to be a good mother and person. It's all about relationships and how to make them better and nourish them. I'm in two religion classes which is SO cool because I have some of the best professors for those classes and I've just been feeling the spirit so much in them. The last class i have is my anatomy class which is all about the makeups of the human body... So pretty much... I'm just loving all the classes I'm taking because they're all about my major and minor and just good stuff. I do however, think that all the reading I have to do for my classes is going to sink me to my grave. Let me now tell you of my roommates, and how awesome they are. We haven't had any problems with them and we all have roommate prayer together and support each other when things are going bad. I have my roommate Whitney who you have met. You already know who awesome she is and how easy she is to get along with. We are just the closest of friends and haven't been mad or anything yet. My other roommates names are Hanna and Kelly and they are just hoots. They both just talk with a southern drawl and love life and being with friends and having fun. So... we all get along great. Last year at this time I just wanted to break down and cry and quit everything, but now I'm just loving the experience. The lord has been blessing me to know that I have it easier then almost anyone and that life will be okay no matter what because I have a testimony of the church of Jesus Christ and a love for my father in heaven and his son. I just know that it's real... the atonement is fascinating and I can't wait to keep on learning things. I want to tell you one last thing... Okay two last things. The first is that Lacrosse practice started up today and was a great time. I like to play with those girls and there's just nothing quite like playing an organized sport that lets you work out so good! woot! ha ha, anyways, I just thought about that as another thing that I have done since I last wrote you! Thing two then is my job. Okay, so what we do is edit a newspaper called the 'nauvoo neighbor' that is a newspaper from Joseph Smith's time in Missouri and nauvoo. It has been such an interesting week this week reading the articles that we have been editing. They've been talking about Joseph and the other men's experience right before and during Liberty. I learned today that they were forced to eat human flesh, and were not allowed to say goodbye to their families without a member of the militia with them... and even then it was only for a few min. The militia men also told the imprisoned men's children and wives that 'daddy wouldn't be coming back'. How awful is that? I can't even imagine being the wife of one of those brethren and having all of these travesties happen to me. It made my favorite sections from the D & C that much more important and special. (the reason being they're section 121 and 122... all about liberty jail.) I just think that that in and of itself is such a testament to the truthfulness of the gospel.
No comments:
Post a Comment